SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of:
- increasing your website’s ranking in search engines
- ensuring your website is listed in the search results of a relevant search;
- without the use of paid for adverts
SEO is never “done”.
It is referred to as a process because it is ever changing. It is important to know that SEO is a dynamic science. There is no step by step guide to get you onto the first page of Google. No one can guarantee that they will get your website to “number one on Google”. If they do, you are probably being scammed.
Improve your SEO
That is not to say that a website designer cannot make a difference. There are many techniques that should be used to help increase your online visibility.
These techniques range from the obvious:
Including relevant keywords in your titles, descriptions, links, alt tags and key words or phrases in your content (what are you selling? what would someone search for in order to find you?)
… to more involved and long term aspects of SEO, such as ethical link building strategies, paid for advertising (PPC or pay per click), local directory listings, social media, to name but a few.
What I do:
- I include essential on-page SEO for each page created on your blog. This includes the use of search engine-friendly urls (permalinks).
- Vitally important keyword research and competitive analyses is undertaken. Content is created (or edited, depending on your package) to include optimised keyword placement on every page, in the right place.
- I will give you training guides on how to continue with this after you take over the reigns of updating your own website.
- I will help you link up your social media accounts and show you how to use them to influence traffic to your website.